We had so much fun making Valentines out of papel picado, that we wanted to try making invitations! This is another easy and fun craft that will lend a little extra festivity to your next Fiesta-themed celebration!
All you’ll need for this project is 1) some of our new “Viva Fiesta” flags, 2) colorful paper, 3) scissors, and 4) glue. While you can definitely do this with any of our smaller papel picado banner, we found that these flags were the perfect shape and size, and we loved having the fun saying on the front of the invitations. Here are the super simple steps for making your own invitations:
1. Coordinate your flags with your colored paper. We did a fun mix of different complimentary colors, but you can stick with one color scheme for both the flags and the background paper.
2. Carefully cut the flags off the sticks. You’ll have just enough room on the side to easily cut away from the wooden stick.
3. Glue your flags onto the paper. You can get two flags on each piece of 8.5″ x 11″ paper, if you want to glue on two flags at once.
4. Cut! We like keeping a slight scalloped edge on the paper, but if you’re in a bit of a rush, you can just cut along the shape.
5. Fill out the back with your party details. We went with a handwritten format, but if you want something a little more streamlined? Download our free printable! Just print these on your colored paper at the beginning, and glue your flags onto the other side.
Whether you’re hosting an engagement party, baby shower, or birthday, we strongly believe you can’t go wrong with a Fiesta theme. Now, you’ve got an extra festive touch that will get everyone into the spirit from the very beginning!
Leave a Reply